Online Docs

Permits & Applications

Building Permits

Did you know the City of Fort Benton requires you to have a Building Permit for any structural work that is done on your property? This includes, but is not limited to, fences, additions, new construction, concrete (sidewalks, driveways, etc.), storage sheds, and decks. This also includes any demolishing of buildings, additions, concrete or patios, etc.. They must be completed and returned to City Hall before the Building Official will inspect your project. Prices vary with different projects.

Building Permits forms are available at City Hall.

Business License

Thinking of doing business in Fort Benton? You will need to complete a business license and pay the necessary fee. Fee’s paid are based on calendar year, January to December.

Fees are dependent upon type of business and resident or non-resident.

Download the application below and return the completed form to City Hall.

Dog Licenses

Did you know any person owning, keeping, harboring, or having custody of any dog over four months of age within the city limits must register their dog annually with the city clerk. Did you also know that City Ordinance states that you cannot have more than two dogs per household? You can pick up a dog license at City Hall or at the Dedman Foundation. Fee’s paid are based on calendar year, January to December.

Dog License fee is $10 per dog / per year.

Employment Application

Download the Employment Application and return the completed application to City Hall.

There are no current openings for the City of Fort Benton.

Security Check Requests

Going out of town? Would you like the Police Department to provide your property with a little added security?

Download the form below and return it to the Fort Benton Police Department

Special Event Permits

Did you know in order to have a special event on City property you need a special permit? Additional information and documents may be requested depending on the event. Park Committee has final approval on all events.

Special Permits cost $50 per event.

Download the Special Permit here

Voluntary Statement

Do you need to file a statement or report an incident to the Police?

Download the form, complete it and return it to the Fort Benton Police Department.